Leadership is an important aspect of management, especially when you are choosing it as your career. Hence, often when you’re trying to get into any management job, you are tested for leadership skills, too.
The main objective of leadership skills questions is to test and determine your skills for leadership and management. Good leadership skills are a must when you’re working on a senior position like the team leader, department head, project managers, etc. Since it isn’t easy for everyone to be a good leader, leadership skill test are often a part of the interview process.
Here are a few very common yet important questions to judge your leadership skills. If you know the right answers to these questions, you can easily get the job you’ve been dreaming of.
- How will you measure your success as a leader?
- Why do you think I should hire you as a leader? What makes you the right candidate for us?
- What according to you are important and difficult tasks for you as a leader?
- How will you convey the news of a lost project to your team members?
- What according to you is the greatest achievement for a leader?
- How will you handle a situation when you don’t agree with something but still had to it?
- How will you resolve an issue among your team members when they do not have a common opinion?
- What will be your strategy as a leader?
- Where do you see yourself as a leader in the next 5 years?
- What according to you should you change in yourself as a leader?
- Are you a risk taker?
- Describe your decision-making process?
Do’s and Don’ts of Answering to Leadership Questions
- Do not give dishonest answers. Always be real and show your true potential/capabilities in front of the interviewer.
- Do not show that you’re bossy, arrogant or dominant. Be confident but humble and polite at the same time.
- Avoid giving negative answers that can make the interviewer feel you lack positivity.
- When asked situational questions, analyze the situation well and think the solution as you’re actually facing one.
- Be calm and patience. Do not hustle to answer. Take your time to think and then answer. A good leader is also a patient listener. Hence, show these traits during the interview also.
Also Read: What makes you a Quality Leader?
Thinks about these leadership questions and try to answer them. We wish you best of luck!