Human Resource Planning may be defined as strategy for acquisition, utilization, improvement and preservation of the human resources of an enterprise. The objective is to place right personnel for the right work and optimum utilization of the existing human resources. HRP exists as a part of the planning process of business.
The major activities of human resource planning include:
• Placement of employee in the job where he exactly fit
• Forecasting (future requirements)
• Inventorying (present strength)
• Anticipating (comparison of present and future requirements) and
• Planning (necessary programme to meet future requirements).