Online MBA programs have gained immense credibility in the last few years. The extent with which top business schools are offering blended programs clearly indicates the increasing interest of students in them. Such programs combine the ease of online learning with the interaction time of a traditional program.
The online MBA program is based on the part-time course format. It is suitable for students who wish to remain in their current role while studying. The reason behind the increasing popularity of these courses is that you can complete them from the comforts of your home. In addition, certain programs are based on hybrid models in which students have a few hours of classroom (virtual or physical) combined with online material. No matter what you choose, all of these courses have regular assignments and examinations as per the degree/certificate requirements.
Difference between Online MBA & Distance Learning MBA
Often people get confused between these two terms. All online MBA programs can be considered as distance but vice versa is always not true. Many schools offering distance MBA use traditional methods like reading material, physical books to impart the course. On the contrary, online MBA use latest, innovative techniques which include lecture videos, interactive Q&A during classes but are not just limited to these.
Best Online MBA in India
Here are some of the best online MBA programs in India. These programs are selected as ‘top’ on the basis of factors like accreditation, the university and its brand, opportunity for physical interactions, faculty credentials, use of group work and the likes.
- Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL) – It is one of the largest autonomous distance learning institutes in India. It offers Online MBA providing the best of academic resources for e-learning, teaching, evaluation, and self-learning material from its sister Management Institutes and from the industry.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (NMIMS) – The two-year MBA (Part Time) program offered caters to executives with 2 or more years of work experience in the executive, supervisory or managerial level in medium or large-size organizations.
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad – It offers three – year part-time AICTE approved and AACSB accredited program in Business Management especially for working Professionals.
Other institutes in India are:
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, IGNOU (Distance MBA)
- IIM Indore, BBEEP
Best Online MBA Overseas
- Kelley (Indiana) – USA
- Western Ontario (Ivey) – Canada
- IE Business School – Spain
- P. Carey (Arizona) – USA
- Thunderbird School of Global Management – USA
- Warwick Business School – UK
- Queen’s University – Canada
- Babson College: Olin – USA
- University of North Carolina: Kenan-Flagler – USA
Online MBA courses offer varied choices to chose from unlike in the classroom programs. Evaluate your requirements and make the choice wisely.