“Smart” – that’s what we’ve become and transformed our world into! From smart cars to advanced kitchen appliances, we have seen a revolution in technology over the decades.
However, the most insightful technological evolution you might have heard of by far is the union of the virtual and physical worlds into the Internet of Things (IoT). Over the years, IoT has conquered nearly all the industries and is moving quickly towards the education system.
Until now, educational industry has transformed immensely around virtual classrooms and conferencing, online tutorials, etc. Although, this is just the stepping stone and there’s a lot on the way.
Here are five ways the IoT can transform education system:
- Improved E-Textbooks – With Quick Response (QR) codes, assignments, feedback, and additional knowledge resources are now easily available to the students. All they need to do is to scan the QR codes with their smartphones to access textbooks online in no time.
- Safe and Secure Learning Environment – Students safety is mandatory. IoT like RFIDs, empowered sensors, cameras, and connected devices have made it possible to monitor and inspect entire buildings. Now school management can get alerts, instant notifications, and configured actions, which might add to the security and safety of schools significantly.
- More Efficient Jobs for the Teachers – With the availability of digital content for the teachers, it has now become easier for them to perform tedious tasks like designing the curriculum, grading papers, teaching and even communicating with parents.
- Boost Creativity into Students – The IoT has promoted hyper-connectivity among the students that can pave the way for creativity. With such applications and decision-making devices (yet to come), school children are getting excellent opportunities to build, understand, and control these systems on their own.
- Global Collaboration among Students and Teachers – IoT devices like interactive boards and digital highlights have made it convenient for the students to interact with peers, teachers, and mentors globally and educators worldwide. With these technologies, students and teachers can now simplify and speed up learning by getting, acknowledging and reciprocating information.
So, what’s your call on this? Share your views and opinions with us!
Download internet of things pdf Here