Imagine you as a customer who is looking for furniture for his home. What would you prefer? Buying it at the comfort of your home or going to the market and finding the best. Well, the answer may vary according to your personal preference.
The debate on traditional marketing vs. digital marketing seems like never-ending. A decade ago digital marketing was on its onset, and the traditional marketing seemed to decline. However, the reality is, both of them have their own importance.
It is any medium except digital to market your product or services to the customers. It can be anything including print ads in magazines or newspapers, radio broadcast, television ads, business cards, flyers, etc.
Digital marketing is similar to traditional marketing; however the marketing is done digitally, I.e. on the internet. Digital marketing includes websites, blogs, videos, etc.
So now the question arises, what are the advantages and disadvantages of both these marketing forms and which one is better?
Pros of Traditional Marketing
- With this marketing type, it is easy to reach your target local audience. For instance, an advertisement running on the radio can be created according to a specific location and broadcast there only.
- Getting a hard copy is easier for the customers and can be kept as a record to be used or read over and over again.
- Easy to understand
Cons of Traditional Marketing
- It is expensive both in terms of money and time. Printing takes a lot of time. Also, you need to invest in buying paper or an even a column in the newspaper or magazine for which the price is usually higher.
- It is less engaging due to the limitation of print technology. Also, the hustle of day to day life doesn’t allow the audience to sit and read out the entire ad to get all the information.
- Measuring ROI is difficult.
Pros of Digital Marketing
- Easy to target vast audience regardless of their geographical location.
- Content can be customized anytime, any number of time.
- More engaging and more cost-effective.
- Easy to measure the ROI
- Real-time access.
Cons of Digital Marketing
- Requires you to have great deal of technical knowledge.
- You might have to face negative feedback and comments from your audience.
Undoubtedly, digital marketing is the need of the hour. Customers look for ads that can be quickly accessed, are attractive and engaging. However, we cannot still completely announce Digital Marketing as the winner. This is because the choice of a marketing medium depends greatly on the industry your business or brand belongs to and your target audience.
So choose accordingly.